RESIDENT INFO2018-10-08T11:10:32+00:00


ACT 1982-225 of the Commonwealth of PA is applied in Alsace Township and requires all dog owners to keep their dogs from running at large. If you have problems with dogs, please call the Animal Rescue League at 610-373- 8830, as the Township has a contract with them and starting in the year 2008, we will also have a contract with the Humane Society. The Humane Society can be reached at 610-921-2348.

Pennsylvania State Dog Warden, Adam Yourkawitch, can also assist you with your animal control problems.   Mr. Yourkawitch can be contacted at 717-461-0222.


Open burning is allowed  (unless there is a Ban on Burning*) during daylight hours, but please send an email to the Alsace Township Fire Marshal at in advance of your burn time.   You may burn grass clippings, brush and leaves. Burning of tires, building materials and hazardous materials is not permitted. Violators are subject to fines as established by Alsace Township Ordinance.

* Check the announcements on our Welcome Page to determine whether a burning ban is in effect.


The Township policy requires complaints to be in writing and signed by the person submitting the complaint.  If you call the office because of a problem, such as ice, snow, fallen trees, etc., please give your name and the location of the problem.  This policy is necessary to avoid Township involvement in disputes between neighbors; it also creates information should there be further questions.   Click for the Complaint Form


The Township copy machine and FAX machine are available to the residents for a nominal fee.  The FAX number is 610-921-0977.  The Township Secretary – Treasurer is a Notary Public and residents are welcome to have paperwork notarized at no charge.


Make sure your house number is visible.  This is especially important for emergency fire or ambulance vehicles to find your home.  The Alsace Manor Fire Company sells pre-drilled (holes), reflective metal signs that have house numbers on both sides of the sign.  The cost is $15 for the sign; hardware is an additional cost.  Contact the Alsace Manor Fire Co. at 610-921-9372 to order a sign or for further details.

A house number on your house, mail box, or the reflective metal sign might one day help an emergency crew find your home and save a life!


Leaves are picked up in the Fall from around drainage ditches and rights-of-ways in order to prohibit blockage of drainage pipes, which causes flooding.
Please help by doing your part by not piling leaves in front of storm drainage pipes and remove litter during the other seasons of the year.


Click here for the 2017 Alsace Township Community Newsletter


Before you start a project, Zoning, Building, Plumbing, Mechanical, Electrical and other permits are required by the Township for various activities, including but not limited to the following: new residences, commercial construction, agricultural buildings, accessory buildings, swimming pools – above and in ground, storage sheds, fences, signs, wells, driveways – both new and repaving – demolition of buildings, decks/patios, mobile homes, alterations/renovations/modifications, additions, and home occupations.

Call Technicon Enterprises at 610-286-1622 for current fee amounts and permit requirements for Zoning, Building, Plumbing, Mechanical, Plumbing and Electrical Permits.  Downloads of all permit applications are available in the Permits and Inspections portion of this webpage.

During and at the conclusion of work conducted, you are required to have final inspections conducted by the appropriate inspector.  Call Technicon Enterprises at 610-286-1622 or Brian Sands at 610-780-2345 for inspections related to public sewer plumbing permits.

When in doubt, do NOT start any type of construction project without consulting either Technicon Enterprises or Brian Sands, according to the type of permit required.


Keep your community clean, be proud!  Please help Alsace Township by tidying the area around your home, business, or rental property.

The Township has a Property Maintenance Code that prohibits the outdoor storage of unlicensed vehicles, junk, rubbish and requires that, weeds or grass should not exceed ten inches (10”) in height.  The Township has an Property Code Enforcement Official who cites property in violation of the Township Property Maintenance Code related to property management, however, a written and signed complaint must be submitted prior to the Property Code Enforcement Official inspecting the property in violation.   Click here for the Complaint Form


The Township Public Works Department is responsible for all Township roads in the township. They are not responsible for State roads or private roads/lanes. In the summer months the grass and weeds along the township roads are cut two times.


The Township has a section in the Zoning Ordinance that regulates the height, number, size, and type of signs that can be placed in the Township.  Contact Kraft Code Services at 610-775-7185 for information about signage regulations in Alsace Township.


  • Township Real Estate Tax – 1.5 mill
  • Earned Income and Real Estate Transfer Tax – ½ of 1%
  • Per Capita Tax – $15.00  ($5.00 is for Alsace Township, $10 is for Oley Valley School District)

The Township and County taxes are included in one bill which is mailed in February and the School District Tax bills and Per Capita Taxes are mailed in June of each year. Per Capita Taxes are applicable to all residents who are 18 years of age or older.  You can contact the Township Tax Collector, Ruth Ann Moyer at 610-685-2838.


There are two (2) polling locations in Alsace Township, they are as follows:

Alsace Manor Fire Company at 1 Antietam Road, Temple, PA 19560

Zion Spies Lutheran Church, 310 Spies Church Road, Reading, PA  19606

For questions about voting contact the Berks County Office of Elections Services at 610-478-6490.  Following is the Berks County website: (

NOTE: Berks County needs registered voters to work the polls for the primaries and general elections. Workers will receive a stipend for their service along with payment for attending training. If you are interested in this opportunity, or if you have any questions, please contact Deborah Olivieri at The Berks County Office of Elections Services at 610-478-6490.